Friday, January 23, 2009

Alfie & Tilly

So I've adopted a pair of Orange Winged Amazon's. They are about 15 years old and as far as I know they've been together that whole time. I don't know their history but they are very timid and were rescues.

They are extremely vocal and Alfie sounds like he is muttering a lot. He will say "Wake up, wake up, wake up..." when he wants attention. He will also ask for peanuts. Tilly is a bit more quite as far as words go but she will imitate beeps (example, when dialing the phone) and other noises.

They both are extremely gentle with taking food from my hand and many times Tilly will take something and give it to Alfie then take her own if he's not sure of a new treat. Although they share a cage, they each have their own feed dish and won't eat out of the others. But they will share a water dish.

Well, tonight we were having a rice dish and Alfie goes "Wake up, wake up, wake up! Want breakfast!"

After laughing so hard I had tears I went and got them some of their rice and he was happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment